Scotch Egg is hard-boiled egg enclosed in sausage meat, rolled in breadcrumbs, and fried. It is a very tasty snack and it’s easy to make.
• 6 Peeled Hard Boiled Eggs
• 300 grams Beef Sausage Meat (You can make your own Sausage Meat, find the recipe HERE
• 2 cups Bread Crumbs
• 1 Egg
• 1/4 cup flour
– Roll Eggs in flour,
– Cover the eggs with beef sausage
* taste your beef sausage, if it is bland and unseasoned, season lightly with salt and pepper. I used the Chi brand and it comes seasoned.
– Dip in beaten egg
– Roll in bread crumbs and Fry till golden brown
– Serve warm or cold. You can eat it alone or with dipping sauce or some salad like I did for dinner. Still enjoying my romance with mangoes
7 thoughts on “Scotch Eggs”
I love this. I will appreciate getting ur various recipes online
Titilola my recipes are already available here on the blog. You can follow the blog so you get updated as they come.
Please what is Bread crumbs? Do they get It to buy in the market like that?
You can get breadcrumbs from baking stores. However you can make yours by blitzing stale bread (not spoilt) in a blender or food processor.
thanks for the recipe on beef sausage, i enjoy it. Could u pls give a post on how to get bread crumps
For bread crumbs you can make it by blitzing stale bread in your blender till it turns to crumbs.