Yesterday I bought some fresh corn with the hope of making Adalu. I started reading some comments on my Ekuru post on Facebook and some commenters made reference to Abari/Sapala. I decided I was going to give it a try. I combed through the internet for recipes and I realised it was same as moinmoin only that people put their own spin on it.
- Fresh Corn
- Jalapeño peppers ( Bawa / Sombo / long tatashe )
- Smoked Mackerel
- Smoked prawns.
- Vegetable oil
- If you corn is still in cob, use a knife to take it off the cob
- In a blender purée corn
- Blend pepper, onion, and smoked prawns and add to the paste
– Add vegetable oil and smoked mackerel
- Wrap in leaves (traditional) or in a polythene bag or tin foil or ramekins… whatever rocks your boat.
- Steam cook till it is set and all cooked through.
This is my first time trying this or tasting it and I nailed it, it tastes so good, I don’t know why I’ve never had it before. Le hubs also liked it but because he is not adventurous, I’m foresee me being the only one relishing this 3 times out of 4 when I make it again,
In keeping with my portion control and keeping my eating clean I served mine with Steamed Vegetable – Ugu, onions and mackerel – .