If you like decadent treats you will like this. Brownies are delicious super sweet and indulgent, but not every one likes super sweet. When I have kids over not all of them like brownies, yet some can never get enough. My son prefers a moist chocolate cake to any type of brownie.
I’ve seen any substitutes to white sugar in brownie recipes online. Some are date powder, erythritol, raw cane sugar, brown sugar, honey.
Similarly you can substitute butter with plain vegetable oil. There are vegan options that are egg less. But I’ve used a basic recipe I found on All recipes.
I didn’t make I frosting I simply spread, Dark Chocolate Peanut Spread from Chocboy over the brownies and they were super yummy.
Recipe (culled from Allrecipes.com) yields 16 servings
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Chocolate chips *optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour an 8-inch square pan or lay and spray parchment paper in the pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter.
- Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan and sprinkle chocolate chips if you are using them.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook
- Remove from oven an allow to cook in pan for 10 mins before removing from the pan
- Place in a wire rack to cool completely.
- (*optional)Use a spatula to spread frosting or chocolate spread over the brownie.
Serve with Milk.