Spread Time! You can make your own home made jam and enjoy at anytime.
Let’s make some delicious jam and spread for breakfast or as a dip
Here is a short post sharing with you how to make some delicious home made jams and peanut butter
How to make home made jam
1. Orange/Blueberry Jam
2. Five Chillies Jam.
3. Peanut Butter
FIVE CHILLIES JAM
- 5 Red Scotch Bonnet
- 5 Yellow Scotch Bonnet
- 5 Green Scotch Bonnet
- 5 Green chilli pepper (green jalapeño)
- 5 Red Jalapeño (sombo / bawa)
- 1 shallot (small onion)
- 2 garlic
- 5 cloves
- 1 very small ginger
- 1 very small tumeric
- 3 small tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Lemon or Lime
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Roughly blend all the ingredients except sugar, salt, lemon/lime.
- Pour all into a clean pot and place on heat.
- Add sugar, water, salt, lemon/lime. Bring to boil on high heat, turn the heat to medium and allow to bubble as the water reduces, then low heat to simmer.
- Turn off the heat when the syrup has thickened enough to drop from the spoon.
- 5 Oranges
- 7 Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- a pinch of salt
- Peel oranges get rid of the rind, but get some orange zest from your orange before you peel the rind.
- Remove seeds and separate all the inner skin from the meat. (*Shortcut I used the pulp of some oranges I had extracted for juice.}
- Place a clean pot on heat, add water or orange juice, orange zest, orange pulp or meat add a pinch of salt, sugar and boil. Once it starts to boil add whole blueberries, turn down the heat and allow to bubble as the water reduces. Take off the heat once the syrup has thickened.
Recipe for Peanut butter is on the blog, Click this link
Spreads. Orange/Blueberry Jam, Peanut Butter, 5 Chillies Jam