Imagine if you could perceive the fragrant aromas from this coconut rice! I’m looking forward to a day when technology advances to capture smell as we capture pictures.
I’ve always made my own Coconut oil, and I make enough to last me a year. Somehow I ran out without knowing I was finishing my last bottle. I found myself buying coconut oil for the first time almost a month ago. It cost a pretty penny. It doesn’t help that Coconuts became really scarce before the lock down and now they are pretty pricey. I have to make my coconut oil before this one I bought is exhausted. See How to make Coconut oil.
I would rarely eat coconut rice that I didn’t cook, too many pretend coconut rice that taste nothing like it, especially at some of the fast food joints. Let me show you how I make mine and have people come back for seconds and thirds.
- 4 Cups Rice
- 2 Cups Coconut milk
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil
- 1 cup meat stock
- 1/4 blitzed peppers
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 or 3 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- 1.25 cup of water
- Heat up coconut oil and fry chopped onions with bay leaf until onions are tender.
- Add the blitzed peppers, you can chop your peppers.
- Add the stock, and coconut milk
- Add Curry powder, thyme, seasoning cubes, salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add washed rice, water and cook
- Remember to use the tips for cooking rice here.
- Once rice is done turn off the heat and enjoy.