Let me share with you one of the remedies that helps me when I’ve had a long day, I’m physically exhausted and I need to sleep without using meds.
A warm glass of milk with turmeric
Since I first shared this post, I have learnt that Black Pepper is a very important element to activate the goodness of Turmeric.
Curcumin in turmeric is poorly absorbed into the bloodstream. Piperine found in black pepper enhances curcumin absorption, making it more readily available to be used by your body.
So if you have some black pepper add some to this to get full benefits.
- 2-3 tablespoons Powdered milk
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- Cinnamon sticks (optional)
- Sweetener of your choice (stevia, honey, date syrup, sugar…)
- 50 cl water
Vegetarians can switch the replace dairy milk with an plant based milk of choice.
- Bring your water to boil in a kettle, if using cinnamon sticks, add the cinnamon sticks into to the water as you bring it to boil.
- Once boiled, leave the water to cool before adding milk
- Add the milk, stir well so it dissolves completely
- Add Tumeric powder, stir well
- Add your sweetener of choice
Enjoy and sleep tight.