I made this meal on one of those days when I craved for Concoction rice -that life saving meal back in Uni days- it tasted so good.
- 2 cups Ofada Rice
- 2Red and 5Green scotch bonnet (Ata rodo)roughly blended
- *4 Green chill pepper (optional) roughly blended
- 1/2 cup Chopped onions
- 1 small Smoked Catfish (shredded)
- 2tbsp Powdered Crayfish
- 1 heaped tbsp Iru (locust beans)
- 5 leaves Efirin (African sweet Basil/ Scent leaf)
- 2 tbsp Oil (i used coconut oil you may use palm oil or vegetable oil)
- 1 Seasoning cube
- Wash rice thoroughly and set aside.
- In a pot or wok heat oil and add chopped Onions as it starts to fry add roughly blended peppers.
- Add washed rice after about a minute and add some water.
- In a small mortar pound your iru, chop your efirin finely.
- Add salt, crayfish, seasoning cube and iru.
- When the rice is al dente add the flaked smoked fish.
- Allow the rice to cook and add the efirin leaves , allow the steam from the rice to cook it then stir into the rice.
- Cook rice with the lid on the pot.
Don’t add too much water into your rice to cook. You can start out cooking the rice with just enough water to cook through. If the water seems to be drying out and the rice is still a bit hard, turn down the heat and cover the top with a
plastic bag moinmoin leaves or foil is better and put the lid of the pot on it to trap the heat. The steam would finish cooking the rice.