Yet another one for the plantain lovers. Married to a plantain/yam/ beans lover, I have to keep discovering new ways to present his favourite meals. Plantain features on my table a minimum of two times a week, see why it must never get boring?
I started out planning to make roasted plantain hotdogs, then I remembered my weekly Wednesday fix of sharwama. So instead of buying sharwama I made it.
1. Ripe but not tender plantain
2. Coleslaw (cabbage and carrot salad)
3. Shredded meat (beef or chicken)
10. Bouillon Cubes
1. Peel and cut plantains length wise through the middle to open the plantain up like a boat
2. Fire up your grill and roast the plantain shells till done.
3. While the plantain grills, in a pan sautée shredded beef and onions, season lightly with salt, bouillon cubes and cayenne pepper.
4. Grill the sausage or pan fry it if you want.
5. Mix some mayonnaise with your coleslaw
6. Once the plantain is properly roasted, lay out a tin foil and assemble your wrap, starting with coleslaw, minced meat and onions, sausage, Ketchup and mustard (skip if you don’t care for mustard) and cover with another plantain shell.
6. Tightly wrap the plantain with the foil and serve.
Enjoy your plantain wraps with cold juice.
*You can fry the plantain shells instead of roasting if you want.