It’s funny how I file all my baking therapies in the “Not Really A Baker” category. Well I love to cook and sometimes it involves baking and I’m game, but so that people won’t start asking me questions I have no real answer I have to make the a disclaimer. I spent 3 days dreaming up this recipe and when I was done, four happy little feet were ready to devour it almost without giving me the chance to take pictures. Very milky, coconutty and yummy.
• 1 Cup Self Raising Flour
• 1/2 Dessicated Coconut
• 1 Cup Coconut Milk
• 1/2 Cup Caster Sugar
• 1/4 tsp Salt
• 2 Eggs
– In a bowl mix flour, dessicated coconut, salt and ser aside.
– Break eggs and separate egg yolks from whites.
– Using the whisk attachment of your mixer, whisk the egg white till stiff peaks and set aside.
– At high speed, whisk egg yolk with caster sugar till it is pale yellow and it and nearly double in size.
– Using a spatula, mix gently the egg yolks into the flour mix, then add coconut milk , mix well but gently and then fold in egg white.
– Line a baking tray with parchment paper or spray non stick cooking spray on the pan or light grease the pan with oil.
– Pick your preferred icing tip, fill a piping bag and pipe you desired shape on the pan. (I used the 6B open star nozzle )
– Bake in an oven preheated to 250°c for about 20 mins or it till it is mellow golden brown.