Something about baking this cake, reminds me of Christmas. Must be the nutmeg and the cinnamon! Maybe I should make a fruit cake out of this and douse it in loads of booze few months to Christmas!
I found this recipe when I was looking for sweet potato yeast bread recipes. I will share the outcome of that soon.
Move over banana loaf, sweet potato loaf is amazing and so indulgent!
- 2 Cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- ½ cup chopped almonds or pecans (I used Raisins because that’s what I had at home)
- Mixed fruit and seed granola for topping
- Combine sugar and oil mix well. Add eggs in and combine well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture alternately with water.
- Stir in sweet potatoes gently like you are folding it in and chopped nuts.
- Prepare your pan by greasing the pan, you can grease and line with parchment paper.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan. Sprinkle granola over the top
- Bake at 450 degrees F for about 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Smells and tastes so good, gosh!
Time to see the crumb now shall we!