Ever have those moments when you just want to snack on something? You’re just peckish, you don’t exactly want real food, and you don’t even know what snack it is you want. That was me and my son a few moments before these delicious snacks happened.
We both went to the fridge, he found bacon, I found Greek yogurt. He pan fried some bacon for himself and I was still staring down the tub of yogurt! And then I thought, add flour, add sugar, fry it, but not like puffpuff maybe like churros. Then I realized no piping bag, lost all piping tips.
No problem! Filled freezer bag with the thick batter snipped the tip, piped into hot oil, fried, covered it in cinnamon sugar and had to look for a name to call it.
- 3 cups Self Raising flour (or 3 cups All purpose + 1/4 tsp baking powder + 1/4 salt)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (or 1/2 cup plain yogurt)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 water (I pretty much eye balled the water quantity and mixed till the texture felt right enough.
- Oil for frying
- Mix all together into a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into a piping bag or a freezer bag, snip the tip and pipe into hot oil.
- Fry on medium heat tip golden brown.
- For cinnamon sugar I blended cinnamon powder and sugar into powder.
- Serve warm and dust a generous amount of cinnamon sugar.