Some tribe members have been saying I should saying I’m not a baker. Lol. I understand what they mean but I maintain that in the strict sense of the word, I’m not, just the same way being a blogger doesn’t make me a chef. I’m just a home cook that enjoys cooking and baking.
Am I the only one who thinks tea when I see cake, especially pound cakes. Let’s bake now shall we.
- 200g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp milk
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart and Joy of Baking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease pan with butter and coat with some flour. Dust off excess flour and set pan aside.
- In a bowl sift flour, baking powder and salt together twice.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; add vanilla, milk.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add flour mix, until well combined (do not overmix).
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, this would take 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let baked cake cool in pan 15 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack in upright position and let cool completely.