This is my son’s favourite way to eat Spaghetti
Ingredients (serves 5-6)
- 1 pack Spaghetti
- 1.5 cups pre cooked pepper mix (tomatoes + jalapeños + scotch bonnet, ratio 5:1:1)
- 1/4 Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Chicken or Beef Stock
- 2 bay Leaf
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt to taste
- 2 or more Bouillon Cubes (These days I use MSG free seasonings )
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable oil
- 1 medium sized onions
- *4 cloves of garlic chopped
- *Chopped mixed herbs (optional, I used basil, rosemary and fresh bay leaf in place of the dried ones.)
- In a clean pot, heat up vegetable oil, fry chopped onion and garlic with bay leaf till the onions are slightly tender.
- Add the pepper mix , tomato paste, stock, curry, thyme, taste after adding stock before you add the bouillon cubes, and salt, so as not to over season or salt it.
- Allow the pepper to fry a little then add 750 ml of water and put in the spaghetti
- Cook till the spaghetti is al dente or soft enough to your taste.