Here is a beautiful delicious recipe you can try for the holidays.
Traditionally festive cakes during christmas are spiced cakes. Many would be getting fruit cakes, boozy cakes, spiced cakes in the christmas hampers already. You can switch it up and do a regular chocolate banana cake
This cake finished within minutes of it getting cooled.
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup hot, strong coffee
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- *optional for the topping you may use chocolate chips or some granola like I used here.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 9×13-inch pan. (If using parchment paper, grease pan and line with parchment.
- Using a fork, roughly mash the ripe bananas
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the eggs, milk, oil, vanilla extract.
- Mix all and finally add coffee, mix until smooth; the batter will be thin.
- Fold in mashed bananas
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- If using toppings, sprinkle over batter
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes in pan before removing.
- Leave to cool completely on wire rack before frosting or wrapping.