First food blog for 2021! Can you tell I’ve gone back back to my incognito ways pre- covid! Lol
Cooking up a storm and not posting pictures. But when I made this cake it was too pretty not to share with you.
Don’t judge me but I’ve eaten half of the cake all by myself. It’s too delicious to let these boys finish the cake before me.
Sorry I eyeballed the glaze when I was making it, so I don’t have a recipe. Soorrryy! But it’s so delicious, I couldn’t stop dipping my finger into it before pouring.
Recipe now, shall we, I saw a meme somewhere subbing food bloggers for telling long windy stories instead of going straight to the point. I found it so hilarious. My friend Ejiro tagged me in it, for the life of me, I can’t find it now.
- 200g Salted Butter (room temperature)
- 2½ cups Sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup yogurt (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 2 tsp strawberry extract (or flavour)
- ½ tsp red liquid food colouring (use less if you are using paste)
- *1 tbsp strawberry preserve or jam (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325° grease you pan and set aside. (I used a bundt pan.)
- Mix Yogurt, food colour, strawberry extract, strawberry preserve or jam in a bowl and set aside
- In a mixer, add butter and beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Gradually add sugar and beat on high speed until very pale yellow and fluffy, it might be a bit grainy from the sugar crystals.
- Add eggs, one at a time, combining well after each addition, remember to use a spatula to scrape down the sides of your bowl as you add the eggs.
- Turn mixer down to the lowest speed, and slowly add flour. Next add baking soda.
- Don’t over mix.
- Add yogurt combine last and mix until just combined then stop.
- Pour cake batter into pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick or skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 – 15 minutes then invert cake to remove from pan.
Of course I would pair this with something fresh and pinkish from FDVie Juice