Channel your inner bartender and whip up a delicious Grapefruit rosemary mocktail for your family. Don’t be surprised if they ask for more long after the drink is finished to the last drop. Even my son who can be quite the food snob can for second and third helpings.
This drink was inspired by Maimuna of Salmar’s garden who by the way is one of my favourite people in the Naija gardening community. I grow rosemary in my garden and I was delighted when she shared that she made Rosemary syrup and used it in grapefruit juice.
- Fresh rosemary twigs
- *Soda Water (optional, alternative for soda water if you are in Nigeria, you can use 7up, Sprite or Limca or just cold distilled water)
- Squeeze the juice out of your grapefruit and set aside.
- In a dry blender blend sugar and rosemary together. Alternatively chopped rosemary finely and add to sugar.
- In a saucepan add a little water to the sugar and rosemary blend and simmer. Stir to allow sugar dissolve. Once it starts to come to a boil, turn heat off and leave to cool.
- Add rosemary syrup into grapefruit juice, stir and strain into a jar or pitcher. Discard the pulp.
- Add soda water and refrigerate.
Serve cold or with ice cubes.