Christmas Eve lunch.
The initial plan was to make a simple gravvy using the stock I had from cooking all the chickens my husband brought from the farm yesterday. Then I remembered I had some vegetables that would waste if I don’t cook them today. I’d be spending Christmas with my parents and they would be no good by the time I return.
So here I have Fried Chicken in Vegetable gravy which we had with Basmati Rice.
This is one of those recipes I practically eye balled , so I’d try to give a close enough recipe.
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup (*absolutely optional, i just wanted my broth to be darker)
- 1 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 10 pieces of fried chicken
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups of mixed chopped vegetables (use your vegetables of choice)
- Mix half cup of flour with half cup of water.
- Place a pot on medium heat, add stock, warm it up and slowly pour in flour mixture. Stir while you pour.
- Add the pepper, soy sauce, and *ketchup and let it simmer.
- Add your chicken to the broth, and cook on medium heat with lid on for 5 minutes. Cook with the chunky vegetables e.g Carrots and Potatoes
- Add the rest of the vegetables, don’t cook longer than a minute. Turn off the heat.