I just played a “guess the dish” game, on two facebook groups. The only clue was that it is not made with flour. I laughed and nearly peed my pants when two of my Facebook buds answered Fried Eba and Okra! Jeez I must have a reputation for far fetched food experiments.
People this is just yam and fish served with pepper sauce by the side.
- Bouillon Cubes
- Flour for dusting the board
- Oil for frying.
- Cut yam and boil till well cooked and tender.
- Season fish with salt, bouillon cubes and pepper, cook, debone and flake the fish and set aside.
- When yam is done, mash till smooth in a bowl or in the pot.
- Lightly flour a board, roll out the yam mold, trim out the edges. Spread some fish flakes along the edges and roll it over. Apply some water to the edges to seal it.
- Sorry I don’t have a pictorial yet but you can see the procedure used here in making sausages
- Heat up some oil. Not extremely hot and fry the yam till slightly crisp and a warm golden brown. Don’t let it burn as the yam would start to taste bitter.
Serve with pepper sauce, it tastes great together