Since I made Almond Milk for the first time, I fell in love with it and I’ve made it several more times. In compliance with my diet routines I have had it more frequently in the last few days.
If you are on a diet, here are some of the dietary benefits of Almond Milk
- Almonds (untoasted, unsalted)
- Dates or Honey to sweeten (optional)
- Vanilla extract
- Soak dried unsalted Almonds for 8 – 12 hours or over night.
- If you are using dates, soak and pit the dates you need about 1/4 cup dates to 1 cup almond.
- Rinse Almonds and blend. If you are using dates, blend with dates and water in a blender till smooth. Add vanilla extract.
- Use a cheese cloth or muslin cloth to sieve it and collect the milk in a clean bowl.
You can serve chilled or at room temperature. Recommended storage for homemade Almond milk is refrigeration
Make a milk shake with it, serve with cereal, add to your beverage… you can do a lot with almond milk