The perfect way to soothe my cravings for juice . I’m currently doing the LCHF diet aka Keto, and I had a serious craving for a sweet drink this afternoon. As fruit juices are not Keto Compliant I had to think up another fix.
See I’m on a one month challenge to lose the extra 7kg I gained recently. This is the heaviest I’ve been sans pregnancy. This my sweet tooth won’t let me be great, sweets and decadent stuff are my achilles heel. Now my sister’s wedding is coming up in a few weeks and I must look smoking hot and fit into the dress I’m going to wear. No sweet tooth can stop me.
• A bunch of fresh Lemon grass Leaves or stalks.
• A few slices of lemon (optional )
• Any natural sweetener of your choice. E.g. Stevie, Honey, Date Syrup etc. (No sugar, nothing that contains aspartame.)
• Ice Cubes
– Wash the Lemon grass to get rid of sand.
– In a pot or kettle, add enough water to cover the lemon grass and boil.
– Let it cook till it boils. Turn off the heat and add the slices of Lemon.
– Leave it to cool, strain and add your sweetener
– Serve with Ice Cubes or Refrigerate before you serve.
*You can store the rest in an airtight bottle for up to 1 week in a fridge.
2 thoughts on “Lemon Grass Iced Tea”
Well done ma, going to give it a try as soon as I able to get lemon grass.
Due rgds to Mumila and your husband
God bless you ma