Black Soup is a rich herby soup with a delicate balance of aromatic flavours if well cooked.
- 1 1/2 cup blended Bitterleaf (before blending it must have been washed till it is no longer bitter, it would have a little bitter sweet taste
- Efinrin leaves
- Utazi Leaves
*combine in this propositions 1 part Efinrin to 1/2 part Utazi Leaves and blend together. You would need 1 Cup of a mixture of this blend to cook with
- 2 cups Palmnut Cream (Banga)
- 1/2 cup blended pepper /onion/crayfish mix (you can use more if you like)
- Smoked and dried fish variety (obokun,stockfisk, bongafish)
- Boiled meats (beef or goat meat, cowfoot, shaki, ponmo…)
- Rich stock
- Salt to taste
- Bouillon cubes.
- In a pot heat up your stock and add your cooked meats, bring it to a boil and add your palm nut cream and pepper mix.
- Cook for about 10 – 15 mins.
- Add the smoked fish and cook. If you pre-soaked the smoked fish you may not cook longer than 3- 5mins, if it is not pre soaked cooked the fish in the soup for about 10mins.
- Add your blended vegetables to the broth on medium heat and cook.
- Taste and add your desired amount of salt and seasoning
- Cook with lid off and let the water reduce, be careful also not to over cook the vegetables. Personally I try not to cook vegetables longer than 5-7 minutes.
Serve with your side of choice. Enjoy
I find the earthen ware gives it a very local appeal.
One thought on “Black Soup ”
Reblogged this on OAKMARGIN INTEGRATED.