My kids legit think they are amateur chefs of sorts this lockdown. They have done a lot of baking and experimental cooking. Each time they step into the kitchen I’m certain they believe they have entered Masterchef Kids or any of the other cooking shows on Food Network. And of course I’ve had to play bad cop for many of their failed experiments. Please don’t give me the stink eye, but they have eaten some things by force.
Getting cake premix, has made life very easy as such they can mix and bake by themselves. They need adult supervision for the lighting the oven and handling hot pans.
Today I used the vanilla cake mix to make Banana Loaf, one of my favourite types of cake to make. If I had blueberries I would totally make blueberry lemon cake with it, that is my most favourite cake loaf ever!
- 600g Vanilla Cake Mix
- 6 small ripe or overripe bananas
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds (Optional)
• Follow the instructions for mixing the cake premix.
• Using a fork, smash the bananas
• If using chai seeds, add to the bananas. It’s totally optional but I love the crunch plus, chia seeds are nutritious packed with protein and plant based sources of Omega-3 fatty acids
• Now use a spatula and mix the banana into the cake batter
• Grease a pan and line with parchment paper, or dust with flour, then pour in the batter.
• Bake at 350°F till a tooth pick comes clean from the cake to indicate it is done.
• Leave the cake to cool in pan before you take it out of the pan.