My niece asked, and as “overall best in aunty” I made her a banana cake.
It’s my first food post this year, I’ve done some gardening posts for the “In The Garden” segment. I’ve also edited and updated some old posts. I have an entire to-do list for blog posts I’ve not been able to get to. If there is any recipe you’d like to see here, leave a comment here, or send a DM or an email.
I have an older recipe for Banana Loaf using cake premix. This recipe details making Banana Loaf from scratch.
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips *optional*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).Grease and flour a 9×13-inch pan. (If using parchment paper, grease pan and line with parchment).
- Using a fork, roughly mash the ripe bananas
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, grated nutmeg, and salt.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the eggs, milk, oil, vanilla extract.
- Mix until well incorporated; the batter will be slightly thick.
- Fold in mashed bananas and chocolate chips
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
*If using toppings, sprinkle over batter*
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes in pan before removing.
- Leave to cool completely on wire rack before frosting or wrapping.