I might just start a side hustle after the lock down, baking cake loaves. Maybe I’d fool people enough to take me serious and bam I’d be cashing out. I’m already counting the money in my head.
The initial plan was to make a Lemon blueberry loaf but blueberry isn’t something they sell in my neighbourhood store, and per the lockdown even though slightly relaxed now, there is only so far I can travel for blueberries. So I had to settle for something equally as good. After the success of the Banana Loaf I’ve decided to create as many cakes I can with cake mix
- 600g Plain Cake mix
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice*
– Pre-Heat your oven to 350°F
– Check the instructions on your cake mix, to see how much water it calls for,and split that to half water, half lemon juice. Say if it calls for 1 cup of water, make it half cup of water, and half of lemon juice.
– Add Lemon zest, and follow the rest of the instructions on your cake mix pack.
– Grease a loaf pan, and line with parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment paper, grease the pan and coat with flour.
– Pour in your cake batter and bake for 25 mins or till a toothpick comes out clean.
– When the cake is ready, remove from the oven and leave to cool in the pan for a few minutes before turning in on to a wire rack to cool
I made some Lemon Curd and and spread it over slices on this cake.
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Lemon zest
– You need a clean glass or stainless steel bowl, a whisk and a pot of water on fire, coming slowly to a boil.
– Add all the ingredients together in the bowl and whisk.
– Place the bowl into pot of water, and whisk continuously till the liquid thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
– Remove from the heat when it is ready, pour into a heat proof container, use a cling wrap to cover the top before putting a lid on.
– Refrigerate till is completely cooled.
- Yaay I made Sourdough BreadMy first attempt ever at making Sourdough bread. As a first timer that made a couple rookie errors I don’t feel like I’m an authority to give any sort of… Continue reading Yaay I made Sourdough Bread
- Owho SoupLaw school 2008! That was when my friend Efe, enchanted me with this soup. I remember there were about 4 of us that sat on the floor with yellow garri… Continue reading Owho Soup
- Sweet Potato LoafSomething about baking this cake, reminds me of Christmas. Must be the nutmeg and the cinnamon! Maybe I should make a fruit cake out of this and douse it in… Continue reading Sweet Potato Loaf