Weekend baking is kind of becoming a thing with me, I find myself looking forward to Friday or Saturday because I want to bake cake.
If you love coconut, as in coconut milk, coconut oil… you would love this cake. I replaced butter with coconut oil so I would get full coconut notes in the flavour. Vegans can remove eggs from the recipe and still enjoy the cake.
This week I played around with coconut milk and oil a lot in my cooking. Aside making creamy noodle soup with coconut milk, this cake is another one of the things I made with it.
As usual I try to stick with simple cake recipes. And this cake is one. Prep time is only 10 minutes and all you have to do is wait for it to be ready
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350°c. Spray or grease lightly coating thinly with flour your pan and set aside. You can use a loaf of bundt pan
- In a bowl whisk all dry ingredients together till well combined
- In another bowl whisk wet ingredients together till well combined
- Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk incorporating both together properly. Don’t over mix.
- Pour into pan, set in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Enjoy with a nice bottle of Fresh Juice