Breakfast ideas. This is one of my quick, go to breakfast menus.
This is the recipe I use
- Bacon (You can use Ham or Sliced Sausage)
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Lettuce (you may use other vegetables like Cabbage, Spinach, Kale, Cucumber instead )
- 1 Loaf of Sliced Bread
– Season and boil Chicken/fish/beef, then shred.
– Sautee Bacon and set aside
– Boil eggs and slice
– Wash lettuce and leave to strain
– Slice Tomatoes and set aside
– Lightly Toast bread -it makes the bread easier to handle-
*If don’t have a pop up toaster you can butter the oven pan and lay the bread slices in and put in the bottom of the oven for 5 minutes turning the sides at intervals. You can toast the bread using a dry frying pan too, just place your dry frying pan on low heat and lay the bread in the pan, turn the sides to get a light crisp on both sides*
– Spread the mayonnaise on the bread and put the lettuce, and some shredded chicken, followed by another slice of bread with bacon, and tomatoes, then a slice with boiled eggs, topped with lettuce, and then the final slice to cover.
*Note, that you spread mayonnaise on each slice of bread. For the slices in the middle spread mayonnaise on both sides.
With a sharp knife or a serrated bread knife, trim the edges of your bread, taking off the brown at the edges and any other spill outs.
Then cut the bread into two triangles.
*If you are a Muslim or you can’t eat pork or any pig derivatives just use the other ingredients alone. They are sufficient to make the sandwich shine.