This is just a simple twist to the Corn and Ube you love. CORN on COB in a Skewer rubbed with mashed Ube
It’s Corn season and with corn comes Ube. Ube is an oval shaped, purple berry with a large seed in the centre. It’s in season at about the same time as corn. As a street food, corn is either boiled or roasted and usually paired with Coconut or Ube.
- *Salted Butter (or Herb and Garlic butter)
- *Pepper flakes
*optional items are marked with asterisk
- Dehusk the corn of it comes in a husk and cook the corn till done. Cook it in a pot with lid on
- Ube is very easy to cook, just steam till the pod is soft and it would peel off easily. You can cook it by placing the Ube on the lid of the pot while the corn cooks.
- Mash the Ube with salted butter ( Salted Butter is optional, I used garlic butter). Add some pepper flakes if you want some kick of heat.
- Spread it on your cooked corn.
This is so comfort food!