I will file this under comfort food. Slightly spicy, light delicious, something you snuggle up in bed on a cold day to eat.
Utazi is a beautiful aromatic herb and i love the fragrance and the bitterness of it.
I wanted to make a okra peppersoup and i thought it would taste great to pair the heat of the pepper with utazi.
- 250g Cod Fish (You can use any fish of your choice)
- 2 Large carbs
- 2 snails
- 1/2 cup small shrimps
- 2 tsp of peppersoup spice
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 5 Medium sized Okra
- 2 green scotch bonnet
- 2 yellow scotch bonnet
- 5 Utazi leaves
- 1 (4cups) litre water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Achi powder (optional)
- Clean and cut your fish into sizes you like. Clean up the rest of your seafood and the snails.
- Clean your okra, peppers and utazi
- Cut the okra and the peppers into slices
- Cut your Utazi into thin slices.
- Put your fish and snail in a pot, add the pepper soup spice, cayenne pepper, salt, bouillon cubes, with two cups of water. Add half of your pepper slices
- Cook with lid on, on medium heat till the fish is cooked. Give the snail at least 5 mins headstart before you add the fish.
- When the fish and snail is cooked add the rest water, bring to a simmer. If you are using achi, add it now.
- Add your crabs, and the okra. Cook for 3 mins then add the shrimps, utazi and rest peppers. Cook for an additional 3 mins and take it off the heat.
Now serve and tuck in!!!!
Look how gorgeous