My favourite cake ever! I’ve been looking for blueberries since the the lockdown began, I couldn’t find any! Thankfully I found some this week. I did a dance when I was told blueberries was available. All I had on my mind was folding them into my cake I forgot to save some for a photo op!
As much as I love the a simple Lemon Cake , my love for the Lemon Blueberry is greater! What is tea time without some cake, especially a lemon cake
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 200 g butter, (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 lemons (roughly 2 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup milk (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 150 – 175 g fresh blueberries,
- Preheat oven to 350°c grease e or spray the pan ,then line with parchment paper and spray or grease again.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and lemon zest, lemon juice.
- Add milk slowly and beat until combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a spatula, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- In a medium bowl, add some flour to blueberries and toss to coat.
- Fold floured blueberries into cake batter. Reserve some blueberries for topping.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth top with a spatula
- Sprinkle with reserved blueberries and bake for about an hour or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes, before you take it out of the pan and onto a wire rack to cool.
Serve and enjoy!