Comfort food on a cold rainy day for me is pepper soup. Sometimes I panic when I check the spice jar and I can’t find any pepper soup spice left. Depending on what proteins (meats or fish) I have, I can quickly whip up pepper soup in 30 minutes and cosy up to a bowl.
The blog got a post share on Zikoko magazine a couple of days ago, and I realised I didn’t have Goat meat and Catfish pepper soup recipes on the blog, I’m fixing that. I have Cowfoot Peppersoup, Tripe and Ripe Plantain Peppersoup
Goat meat pepper soup is on the elite spectrum of pepper soup. To make goat meat pepper soup with a robust flavour use more than just the meats, cook it with offals too.
- 3 kg goat meat and some offal cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp Delta Pepper Soup Spice ( I love the spice combination that Delta women use to create their peppersoup blend. It is rich, it is robust, it is flavourful)
- 1 tbsp Cayenne pepper.
- 1 tbsp Cameroon pepper
- ½ tsp Ginger powder
- 1 small onion chopped (optional)
- A few Efinrin leaves (Scent leaves) chopped
- 2 Seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- 2 litres Water
- In a clean pot, add your properly washed goat meat and offals. -If your goat meat has skin on, let it have a 15 minutes head start ahead of the offals-.
- Add pepper, chopped onion, salt, seasoning cubes, ginger powder, pepper soup spice, efrinrin and about 1 litre or less of water. (I like to add at least one piece of Uda -grains of selim- and small bit of Uyayak -aidan fruit pod- when I cook pepper soup. Not necessary especially when you use Delta Peppersoup spice but I like to do it.
- Cook with lid on.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- When the meats are softened, lower the heat and simmer for roughly 10 mins with the pot lid off
- Turn heat off and serve hot or warm.
Enjoy with a cold bottle of FDVie Juice
One thought on “Goat Meat Pepper Soup”