I’ve been pushing the #Plantain #Chocolate competition for the #ounjegiveaway. So I’ve been sharing easy ways to incorporate plantain and chocolate. Plantain waffle is an old recipe I shared last year. This is a different take on the earlier RECIPE
4 large ripe plantains
2 cups Yogurt
1 cup flour
1/8 tsp Baking powder
1/8 tsp Baking soda
1/8 cup Sugar
1 cup Milk
1 tbsp *Vanilla extract
*Cooking spray or oil to coat your waffle iron.
▪ In a blender, blend the plantain and all the other ingredients to a smooth paste.
▪ Spray the waffle iron with some cooking spray or use a brush to apply oil on the iron to prevent the batter from sticking to the plates. (Use the waffle iron according to manufacturers instructions)
I was inspired to do this yesterday after I saw a recipe shared on one of the fitness groups I belong. The author used a sandwich toaster to make what she call Egg Sandwich. I tweaked her recipe a little and used a waffle maker to make this.
For those people on a protein diet, this is perfect for you.
You can use a sandwich toaster instead of the waffle iron.
This serves 5 adults.
• 10 fresh eggs
• 1 Cup Flaked fish (Tuna or Mackerel preferable)
• 1 small onion (chopped)
• 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (you can use substitute with dried parsley
• Salt (to taste)
• 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper (dried ground pepper or Atagigun as yoruba people call it)
As shown below. Beat eggs, add all the ingredients together, spray some non-stick cooking spray on the waffle maker , scoop some mix onto the iron and cover till it beeps or the signal light comes on.
Enjoy with a cup of green tea if you are on a protein diet or add whatever accompaniment you please.