A simple homemade alcoholic recipe for Mango lovers
- 3 medium sized Mangoes
- 750ml Dry Gin or Vodka
- Wash and clean your mangoes.
- Chop it up into sizes that fit into a bottle.
I usually chop with skins for more flavour.
- Use a clean sterile glass bottle.
- Put the chopped mangoes in the bottle and pour your Gin or vodka into the bottle. Shake and cover.
- Store the bottle in dark place for not less than 3 days to let the mango infuse. I usually let my fruit liqueur sit for 2weeks at least, for intensity of flavour.
- Shake the bottle up regularly when it’s being stored
Serve with ice! Enjoy
The season came early this year and I’ve been enjoying every bit of it. A facebook friend even sent me the most precious delicious tasting mangoes all the way from Benue State. Oh i had a ball!
On the way back the Lagos from Ilorin, were my family and i spent our easter holiday, we stopped on the Ogbomoso highway to buy freshly harvested premium Ogbomoso mangoes.
I’m even brewing some Mango liqueur, which will be read in a few weeks and I’d be blogging about it.
Lassi (pronounced [ləsiː]) is a popular traditional yogurt-based drink from the Indian Subcontinent. Lassi is a blend of yogurt, water, spices and sometimes fruit. (Culled from wiki)
- 2 medium Mangoes (Peel and dice)
- 1 cup unsweetened Yogurt
- *1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoonCardamom seeds
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend to a smooth puree.
- Serve in highball glass and garnish accordingly
Nothing major, just another way a mango junkie is expressing her love for mango
• Condensed milk
• *Coconut milk
• Mango Juice/Smoothie
• Heavy Whipping Cream
• Lemon juice
• Vanilla extract
Spoon them into cup in this order
Condensed milk and Coconut milk mix
Mango Juice / Smoothie
Whipping Cream topped with a wild berry!
Add a dash of lemon or some *rum to the heavy cream while whipping. Add some vanilla extract. Let it rest in a fridge for about 30 minutes be putting on the mango.
Leave in the freezer for 30 mins – 1 hr to set. That’s all, simple dessert
I love good food, but I also love to stay fit too, staying fit means eating healthy. I try fad diets now and again but I’ve learnt also that I can still enjoy my favourite foods as long as I control my portion and prepare them in a healthy way.
This long story is to let you know I made mango salsa and I loved it. It is yummy and healthy too. #mangoaddict
• a dash of Lemon juice
Chop all your fruits and vegetables, add a dash of lemon juice and toss them together. You can eat immediately or store in the fridge a little bit before eating.
Mexicans have their’s with tacos, I chose toasted bread sticks