This was inspired by a post I saw last night on “So You Think You Can Cook”. The poster didn’t have enough time to share her recipe but I created this from visual inspiration .
Trust me when I say this is so delicious. You can eat it alone or pair with Rice
- 3 Large Ripe Plantain
- 2 cups of meat stock
- 300g sliced Vegetables (I used Ugu+Efirin+Efo tete/green)
- 3 cups of blended pepper mix (tomatoes/scotch bonnet/ habanero (rodo)/tatashe(capsicum)/ onion)
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil (for the sauce, you’d need more for trying the plantain.
- 3 cups chopped lighty fried meats (I used goat meat)
- Shredded Fish (Smoked cod fish, dried sardines (bonga fish), about 1cup or more)
- Bouillon cubes (2 or more depending on your tatse
- Salt to taste
- Chop up your plantains and deep fry till it’s almost turning brown and set aside.
- You should have pre-fried your meats.
- Pour 1/4 cup of oil in a pot, allow it to heat up, once hot pour the pepper mix , fry slightly and pour in the stock. If you are using bonga fish, rinse well and add to the pepper from the start. Cook for 5 mins and add the fried meats. On medium heat, cook the stew till the water has completely reduced add your bouillon cubes and salt. Cook with lid on.
- Once the water has completely reduced, add smoked fish, and vegetable. Cook for about 5 minutes with the lid off.
- Stir in the fried plantains and let it simmer for about 2 mins and turn the heat off.